Let’s face it, 2020 isn’t panning out to be the year we had all hoped for. Wearing a mask is now part of our daily routine. Our hands have become bone dry due to the copious amounts of hand sanitizer we have applied. Venturing out to the grocery store can be compared to a caveman going out on a hunt, while those of us who stayed back in the comforts of the cave to prepare the catch have become world renowned chefs, at least in our own minds.
While air travel and staying in a hotel B.C (before COVID) once felt like a luxury and an adventure, for many of us it now creates stress, anxiety and concern. Similar to the changes you have made at home and in your daily lives, we have done the same at 50 Bowery. Our hope is that the actions we take helps eliminate that stress and anxiety and bring the excitement and joy back to travel!
Both, your safety and wellbeing, and that of our colleagues, is our number one priority. We know you have questions, and hopefully we have those answers. If there is a question you have that isn’t addressed below, please call us at 212-508-8000 and we would be more than happy to assist you.
For more information on Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness commitment focusing on safety and wellbeing, click here.
What are you doing to protect guests of the hotel?
- Limits on the number of people in an elevator and fitness center at one time.
- Signage throughout the hotel encouraging appropriate social distancing.
- Proper shields, distancing and less transfer of items between guests and colleagues at the front desk.
- Frequent cleaning of high traffic public spaces and touchpoints including elevator buttons, keys and doorknobs.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel.
- More frequent replacement of HVAC filters in guestrooms and public spaces with HEPA filters.
- Revised guestroom setup, with the removal of high touch items such as, magazines, pens, pads, toiletries etc. These items will be available for all guests upon request.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures of all guestrooms.
What are we doing to provide additional flexibility?
- Flexible cancellation policy, 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Waived cancellation and attrition contract terms for groups for the remainder of 2020.
What are we doing to protect our team?
- Temperature checks for all colleagues entering the hotel, along with distribution of PPE.
- Signage throughout colleague spaces encouraging appropriate social distancing.
- Additional cleaning of uniforms and equipment.
- Hand sanitizer stations located throughout employee corridors.
We want you to know that we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts, and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from guests such as you. Please continue to check back with us often, as we will be continually updating this page with additional health and safety measures. Although there will be some noticeable changes during your next stay, we assure you that the 50 Bowery staples – clean, spacious rooms, incredible views and smiling, helpful service will be there waiting for you when you return.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel 50 Bowery soon.
Warm wishes and safe travels,
Your friends at Hotel 50 Bowery
Useful links and resources to use when planning your next trip:
2. World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
3. USA Gov Health Advisory: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html
4. "Which Hotels Have Handled Covid-19 The Best?": https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/travel/which-hotels-have-handled-covid-19-the-best
5. Hyatt's Coronavirus Statment: https://www.hyatt.com/info/coronavirus-statement
6. AAA Travel Info: http://www.aaa.com/travelinfo/new-york/new-york/hotels/hotel-50-bowery-274541.html