Hi everyone, it’s Jennie from Garlic, My Soul, here to share another great on-the-go breakfast recipe with you. Today, I wanted to bring you something inspired by the Wild Palms Hotel in Sunnyvale, CA. This bright and colorful hotel has bungalow-style rooms that are eclectic – a retro vibe with all the amenities of a modern hotel.
The hotel’s location allows you to explore much of Silicon Valley (anyone headed to a day tour of the Winchester Mystery House?!) or San Francisco, or head to the bay for a day, but one thing’s for sure – you want to be on the go! Here’s a breakfast that’ll help you get up and out the door to adventure a little faster – and come back to the hotel a little early to enjoy the pool, hot tub, courtyards, or just lounge in your room.
Breakfast Burritos (Makes 4 burritos – easy to double, if you want to freeze some!)
- 6 small red potatoes
- Olive oil
- 4 breakfast sausages
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 tortilla shells
- Cayenne pepper
On the side:
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Fresh fruit
- Make your potatoes; dice them, then place in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Meanwhile, cook your breakfast sausages until done.
- Once your potatoes are done, crisp them in a cast iron with a little oil over medium heat, with a pinch of cayenne pepper, paprika, and cumin (to taste).
- While your potatoes are crisping, whisk eggs and half and half, then pour into a pan over medium-low heat. Gentle stir as they cook, until just hardened. Remove from heat.
- Drain your beans, and grate your cheese.
- Assemble your burritos – add eggs, then beans, then sausage, then potatoes, then cheese. To roll as a burrito, fold one side over, then the other, fold the bottom up, then roll the whole thing. (If you’ve never made a burrito, I suggest searching this on YouTube for instructions!)
- Serve seam side down with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream, with a side of fruit!