So, you’re here for the big game, but how should you spend the rest of your weekend in San Francisco? We’ve got two full day’s worth of activities for all you hungry, bold, culture-seeking visitors–so follow our weekend itinerary and make the most of your trip!
Day 1: We hope you’re ready for adventure!
1. Explore the Ferry Building: Eat fresh-from-the-farm cheese at Cowgirl Creamery, sip on exotic cocktails at the Slanted Door, grab gluten-free goodies from Mariposa Baking Co. or indulge in a little wine and olive oil tasting at the many local vendors inside the iconic marketplace.
2. Hop on the ferry: Explore the aquatic ins-and-outs of the Bay in style on the Bay Ferry! Kick back, relax, and enjoy panoramic views of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge. And guess what? There’s even a bar on board.
3. Get lost in the Presidio: A former military base turned idyllic park, the Presidio combines history, open spaces and breathtaking views. Wander through abandoned bunkers, hike along wooded trails, or watch the wildlife.
4. Get your shopping on in Union Square: At the intersection of Grant Street and Maiden Lane, you’ll find luxury stores such as Prada, Hermes, Burberry, and Valentino with their wares glittering in the window. For a more low-key afternoon, try the top floor of Macy’s in Union Square for people-watching and delicious food.
5. Walk the Golden Gate Bridge: A must-do if you’re visiting San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge doesn’t disappoint. Spanning 8,980 feet, the walk to Marin is beautiful. Then turn around and snap a few panoramic photos of the San Francisco skyline.
Day 2: Immerse yourself in culture and the great outdoors.
1. Visit the famous de Young Museum: In the heart of Golden Gate Park lies the architectural wonder that is the de Young Museum – definitely visit their permanent collections, special exhibit, and sculpture garden, but whatever you do: don’t miss the tower observation floor where you can get a 360-degree view of San Francisco and the bay!
2. Explore the Sutro Bath ruins: Take a short hike to the historic landmark and envision the ruins in their prime as a notable San Francisco bathhouse. Then watch the sunset over Ocean Beach and enjoy a sumptuous dinner at the iconic Cliff House restaurant.
3. Make time for tacos: Dig into delicious tacos, queso dip, and margaritas at one of the four Bay Area Tacolicious locations. The food is delicious, and the ambiance is upbeat and colorful. We cannot get enough of the sweet fried plantains.
4. Take a trip into the Tenderloin: San Francisco’s new Tenderloin Museum explores the rich history of one of the city’s most complicated neighborhoods. Walking tours led by expert residents showcase vibrant murals, local architecture and other hidden gems.
5. End your day at Chambers Eat + Drink: relax (and rest your feet) with a well-made craft cocktail by the pool at Chambers.
Photo courtesy of Instagram via @savvyinsanfran