Hey guys, it’s Jennie from Garlic, My Soul! Today I want to give you a recipe for another awesome location – the Pacific Edge Hotel. This hotel, located in Laguna Beach, California, is a family fun zone located right on the beach. The rooms here are bright and colorful, breezy and comfortable.
I wanted to give you guys a colorful, bright, kid-friendly breakfast that didn’t make parents cringe but also didn’t require utensils (isn’t eating with your hands so much fun?!) I included seafood since you’re by the ocean for a reason, and of course some eggs with fresh chives to balance out your meal. These smoked salmon bagels are easy to eat and will start your day off right – everything you need for a full day by the seaside. I served with fresh strawberries and some mango juice – the perfect package for your beach vacation!
Smoked Salmon Bagels – Serves 4
- 8 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 4 everything bagels
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4-6 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 slices red onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh chives
- Fresh dill
- Scramble eggs with a small bit of butter.
- Toast your bagels.
- Meanwhile, slice your onion and tomatoes.
- Layer your bagel with cream cheese, salmon, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and fresh dill.
- Serve your eggs with fresh chives, and season your bagels and eggs with salt and pepper. Serve with a side of fresh strawberries and mango juice, is desired.