Hi everyone, it’s Jennie from Garlic, My Soul! Today, I want to talk to you about an amazing hotel and with it, an amazing recipe for another breakfast in bed! Carmel Valley Ranch, located in the heart of Carmel Valley, California, is a gorgeous and sprawling ranch property that they call a “500-acre playground” because there is so much to do onsite. Also, all of the rooms are suites–which means lots of space to relax in and a true home away from home meant to calm and soothe every visitor!
This sprawling ranch needed a breakfast that could stand up to whatever the days were going to bring – so I wanted to have a delicious breakfast that would give you a solid base for your days of adventuring, hiking, or just relaxing. There is an apiary on site, and so I thought it fitting to feature honey in this recipe.
These honey blueberry pancakes are the perfect start to your day, with a healthy side of fruit (I chose cherries!) and a large cup of coffee, of course.
Honey Blueberry Pancakes – Serves 4
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for serving
- butter and honey for serving
- Mix together eggs, whole milk, lemon juice, ricotta, vanilla.
- Add honey, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add 1 cup blueberries.
- To make, use about 1/4 cup per pancake over medium heat on a hot griddle greased with butter.
- Serve hot with honey, butter, and blueberries.