Hotel Lincoln To Open In Lincoln Park This March
CHICAGO, FEBRUARY 1, 2012 - Next month, Joie de Vivre's Hotel Lincoln (1816 N. Clark St.) will officially open its doors to guests, anchoring Chicago's beautiful and beloved Lincoln Park neighborhood with a vibrant new gathering destination.
Located just north of Chicago's downtown financial and retail hubs, Lincoln Park is the city's most charming and historically rich residential community, where tree-lined streets are dotted with a mix of million-dollar-plus homes and classic three-flat apartment buildings and sidewalks buzz with energy from families, DePaul University students, young professionals, fitness buffs, and visitors to the city. At the center of it all is Hotel Lincoln.
Hotel Lincoln is an upscale boutique hotel with an eclectic-meets-collegial vibe, offering 184 guest rooms, executive meeting space, a lobby-level European-style coffee bar, a spacious rooftop lounge with panoramic views of downtown Chicago and Lake Michigan, and the acclaimed Perennial Virant - helmed by award-winning Chef Paul Virant. As Joie de Vivre's first hotel east of the Mississippi, the property is uniquely designed to not only connect Chicagoans with iconic city gems, but also give travelers a taste of what life is really like in the packed-with-personality city.
Guests who visit Hotel Lincoln any time of year will benefit from immediate access to a vast and gorgeous park that serves as a playground for the neighborhood, and an abundance of locally owned boutiques, world-class restaurants, and popular cultural attractions just steps away, with the top 10 highlights including:
1. Hear the lions roar at the Lincoln Park Zoo -- one of the last remaining free zoos in North America. This lushly landscaped, 35-acre zoo is home to 1,200 animals, the Pritzker Family Children's Zoo, a carousel, and a cow- and pig-populated Farm-in-the-Zoo, sponsored by John Deere.
2. Splurge on a once-in-a-lifetime gastronomic experience at the world-renowned Alinea on Halsted Street, where Chef/Owner Grant Achatz presents cutting edge cuisine during elaborate, double-digit-course tasting menus.
3. Take in a show at Old Town's The Second City, the world-famous comedy club and school of improvisation that launched the careers of "Saturday Night Live" legends John Belushi, Mike Myers, Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert and hundreds more.
4. Find out why Chicago is so enamored with Abraham Lincoln and learn whether a cow was really responsible for the Great Chicago Fire at the Chicago History Museum, less than 400 steps away from Hotel Lincoln.
5. Order a half-pounder at the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company. This small, garden-level restaurant on Clark Street is famous not only as the building that reportedly served as a lookout during the St. Valentine's Day massacre, but also for its uber-cheesy pizza pot pie -- a step above traditional deep-dish. As for the host? Rather than writing down a waiting list, he remembers everyone's names, in perfect order.
6. Preview the season's latest fashions at locally owned designer stores along Armitage Avenue, Webster Street and Halsted Street, where stand-outs include Calvin Tran (women's clothing), Barker & Meowsky (a "paw firm"), and Kaveri (women's clothing).
7. Marvel over Tony Award-winning performances at Steppenwolf Theatre Company, located a few blocks west of Hotel Lincoln, where three performance spaces showcase diverse artistic talents, ranging from class and contemporary plays to intimate actor-audience interactions.
8. Hit the 18-mile recreation path along Lake Michigan, accessed by a bridge directly east of Hotel Lincoln. Turn south to jog toward the city's magnificent downtown skyline or north to run past parks, marinas and golf courses, when you might catch a glimpse of the "Hi Guy" -- a local character who rides the path greeting calorie-burners from his decked-out bike.
9. Take in a deep breath of bursting-with-oxygen air inside the Lincoln Park Conservatory, a jewel box of a Victorian glass house filled with exotic trees and flowers that is free and open to the public year-round. Look for the Summer Tropical Flower Show this summer.
10. Experience Chicago nightlife in nearby Old Town, where vibrant bars, lounges and restaurants line blocks along Wells Street and North Avenue. One to try: Old Town Social, home to handcrafted cocktails and the most comprehensive charcuterie in the city.
Room rates at Hotel Lincoln start at $129 in the non-peak season, and $179 during the peak season. Reservations for stays at Hotel Lincoln beginning mid-March are available now and can be made by calling (888) 379-7994 or by visiting www.hotellincolnchicago.com.
About Hotel Lincoln
Located in the heart of Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood at 1816 N. Clark St., Hotel Lincoln is a newly renovated boutique hotel, managed by Joie de Vivre Hotels, under the ownership of Angelo, Gordon & CO., AJ Capital Partners and Centrum Properties. The property offers 184 uniquely appointed guest rooms, meeting space with stunning views of Lake Michigan, a lobby-level European-style coffee bar, an expansive rooftop lounge with indoor and outdoor seating, immediate access to the Michelin-rated Perennial Virant operated by the BOKA Group on its ground floor, and a prime address within steps to the neighborhood's most popular attractions, providing a genuine new community anchor and connection to city living. Get up-to-the-minute news on the hotel by following it on Twitter and Facebook. For room reservations and event requests at Hotel Lincoln, call 888.378.7994 or visit www.hotellincolnchicago.com.
About Joie de Vivre Hotels
Joie de Vivre Hotels embarked on its mission to "create joy" for guests in 1987, when Chip Conley founded the innovative hospitality company in San Francisco. Each one of Joie de Vivre's more than 30 hotels is an original concept designed to reflect the local community and engage the five senses so that guests enjoy authentic, memorable experiences. Joie de Vivre manages the largest collection of boutique hotels and resorts in California and is expanding outside the state with the opening of The Saguaro in Scottsdale, Ariz. and Hotel Lincoln in Chicago. www.jdvhotels.com
FOR: Hotel Lincoln
1816 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60614
FROM: Isabelli Media Relations
Caroline Michaud/Janet Isabelli
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com