Galleria Park Hotel Will Be The First To Offer Guests iPad 2s in San Francisco
San Francisco, March 10, 2011 - Galleria Park Hotel in San Francisco announced it will begin offering the new iPad 2 to guests in April. The landmark Joie de Vivre hotel, which celebrates its centennial this year, will be the first boutique hotel in the city to offer this amenity.
Guests will be able to surf, search, work, read and play games on the sleek devices, whether they are in the hotel - where complimentary WiFi access is available in-room and throughout the hotel's public spaces - or out exploring San Francisco. The iPads will be available to guests on a first-come, first-served basis for a charge of $14.95 per day and can be reserved for the duration of a stay.
Each iPad 2 at Galleria Park will be preloaded with links to favorite local restaurants, cultural attractions and shopping so guests can hit the ground running upon arrival and enjoy the device.
"Finding a restaurant, directions and local hot spots are simply a touch and a swipe away," said Joie de Vivre Regional Managing Director James Lim, who oversees the company's three Union Square properties. "We're excited to bring this vibrant technological innovation to our guests. As an active iPad user for over a year now, I can attest to its convenience and ease of use."
Here is a preview of the iPad applications that will be featured on Galleria Park Hotel's iPad 2s:
• San Francisco Bay Area Street Map - the entire map is stored on the iPad, so it works even without Internet access.
• San Francisco Exploration Guide, which features photos, maps, directions and cab fare estimations to many major attractions, including Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, South of Market (SOMA), Alcatraz and other surrounding Bay Area sights.
• San Francisco Wine Lover's Guide - this guide lists destination wine bars and restaurants with a focus on wine as well as on-site bars.
• San Francisco's Chinatown - this app has the lowdown on the top dim sum parlors, restaurants, bakeries, souvenir shops and historic sites, all just blocks away from Galleria Park Hotel.
• San Francisco Restaurants - this lists locals' favorites and features over 3,000 restaurants.
• In-Room CityGuide - this lists the "must-see" places in San Francisco
• A Galleria Park curated selection of iBooks, including fiction, management books and classics.
About Galleria Park Hotel
The Galleria Park is conveniently located in San Francisco close to both the Financial District and Union Square, the city's premiere shopping district. The 177-room hotel is distinguished by its mixture of design elements, from Deco to Mid-Century Modern, with a glamorous yet warm, inviting lobby and handsomely appointed guestrooms. Each room features flat-screen televisions, CD player/alarm clocks with MP3 connectors, complimentary wired and wireless Internet access, 300-thread-count Frette linens and bathrobes, and original artwork by local artists. The pet-friendly property is a Joie de Vivre boutique hotel. Room rates start at $139 per night on weekdays. For more information and reservations, visit www.jdvhotels.com.
Lori Lincoln, Director of Public Relations, Joie de Vivre
Tel. 415.773-1067/ Email: email@example.com
Kristina Hjelsand, Senior PR Manager, Joie de Vivre
Tel. 415.364.5581 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org