We follow green business standards and work with agencies like San Francisco Green Business and the U.S. Green Building Council to obtain certification for our properties. To see how we meet these standards, please see our property scorecard.
We use the following policies and practices:
- We reduce, reuse and recycle.
- We purchase environmentally friendly products.
- We conserve energy, water and natural resources.
- We generate clean energy through on-site solar production.
- We recycle all paper and bottles and cans, and compost all food and landscape waste.
- We donate reusable items (furniture, stationery) to charitable organizations.
- We safely dispose of toxic products.
- We use less toxic or nontoxic cleaning products.
- We recycle universal waste, including lamps, batteries and electronics.
- We purchase low or non-mercury lamps whenever possible.
- We use remanufactured toner cartridges and paper products with 35-100% recycled content.
- We buy Energy Star-rated appliances, electronics and office equipment, and water efficient toilets, showerheads and faucet aerators.
- We promote the use of public transportation by our employees and guests.
- We offer telecommuting options.
- We encourage carpooling among employees.
- We participate in Spare the Air campaigns.
- We provide training programs to educate employees about reuse, recycling, composting, resource conservation and low-toxic products.
- We keep employees informed about environmental issues through company newsletters and staff meetings.
- We offer environmental incentives and benefits to employees.