Homebuyer Education Class - Scottsdale 9.13.14
Sep 13 2014
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Building 9 - Lecture Hall
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Homebuyer Education Class
The Homebuyer Education Class will help you become a well-informed homebuyer:
· Increase your knowledge about the home buying process
· Know the right questions to ask
· Help you make informed decisions all along the way
A certified housing instructor facilitates this 8-hour class and, along with other professionals from the field, provides advice and guidance on the following topics:
· Are you ready for homeownership
· How much home can you afford to buy
· Money management tips / budgeting for your home purchase
· What to do about credit issues you might have
· Latest lender requirements / what information do lenders need
· How to get the best loan
· Avoid predatory lenders and “bad” loans
· Working with a Realtor
· How to negotiate the sales price
· Title, escrow and the closing process
· Homeowner’s insurance
· Home inspections
· Home maintenance tips
Participants who complete this class earn a certificate that fulfills the education requirement for most first time homebuyer programs: Newtown’s Individual Development Account (IDA) program, Newtown’s Community Land Trust programs, the City of Tempe Community Assisted Mortgage Program (CAMP), Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP) and various loan and bond programs.
Participants must be present for the entire class to earn a certificate.
Certificates are not issued at the end of class. Participants receive a Homebuyer Education Certificate Request form which must be completed and submitted to Newtown. Upon receipt of the request form Newtown will send the certificate directly to your lender or the homeownership program you are working with.
Lunch and refreshments are provided along with a Homebuyer Manual.
The fee for the class is $50.00 per person and must be paid in advance. We cannot accept payment at the class. You can register and pay the fee online.