2013 Statewide Pro Bono Conference
Oct 9 2013
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Administrative Offices of the Courts
455 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
OneJustice invites you to attend the 2013 Statewide Pro Bono Conference! This event brings together all stakeholders within the California pro bono community - including law firms, in-house counsel, legal services nonprofits, law schools, bar associations, and courts - to work collaboratively towards solving the legal needs of California's underserved.
Full refund of registration fees will be issued to those provide written notice of cancellation, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Wednesday, October 2, 2013.
REGISTRATION OPEN/ OPTIONAL NETWORKING BREAKFAST
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Presenters: Julia Wilson and Michael Winn, OneJustice
10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
We all say that pro bono expands the delivery of legal services to Californians in need. But if someone asked us to prove that, could we? What data do we currently have? What data could we collect? Do we even want to gather more data? Come and discuss.
INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS 1
10:35 a.m. – 11:25 p.m.
1. Pro Bono Engagement in Family Law
2. Medical-Legal Partnerships: How Pro Bono Plays a Part
3. Pro Bono Service to Older Californians/Seniors
4. California’s Pro Bono Best Practices Guide: Finalization & Implementation
INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS 2
11:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
1. Pro Bono Support for Economic Stability Work (i.e., Public Benefits)
2. Eviction Defense: Using Pro Bono to Provide Increased Representation
3. Pro Bono Service to Veterans
4. How Judges Can Promote Pro Bono: Practical and Ethical Considerations
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
AFTERNOON WORKING GROUPS
2:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
1. California Proposed 50-hour Pre-Licensure Requirement
2. Using Pro Bono to Implement Immigration Reform
3. Use of Technology to Support Pro Bono to Reach Isolated Communities
4. Collecting Data about Pro Bono in California
4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.