First Steps Level 1 Sat 11am
First Steps at the Keyboard is a two-year course for the young pianist ages 5-8. Using the Peery Habits Piano Curriculum, each group class contains assignments in three categories:
- Muscular - developing muscular skills and a strong and correct hand position
- Practical - developing sight reading, theory and ear training skills
- Musical - developing musical and physical abilities using the standard piano repertoire
Annual events include:
- Student recital - students perform both solo and ensemble selections
- Private evaluations
Students enrolled in this course are required to:
- Practice a minimum of five days per week. Practice time increases by 15 minutes per day per level.
- Have one parent attend all classes. Each practice must be supervised by the same parent attending the lesson.
- Have an acoustic piano in good working condition available for practice.
Required materials must be purchased prior to the first class.