Don't be caught off guard - get the training you need to succeed in the litigation of California construction liens.
Attend this seminar and learn strategies for tackling lien and bond issues in any project. Find out how to efficiently collect payment for your work or supplies - or protect your property from unwarranted liens. Or, if you're an attorney, learn how to properly advise your clients in the event of payment disputes or litigation.
Handling construction payment disputes in California can be a turbulent process, but armed with the necessary legal knowledge, you can successfully manage even the most complex and costly situation. Register today.
Benefits for You
- Correctly identify what property is subject to a lien and who is entitled to recover payment
- Understand the complex law governing priority of mechanics liens on property
- Properly fulfill requirements for releasing and discharging a lien
- Avoid courtroom hassles and costs by taking advantage of dispute resolution options
- Get a blueprint of procedures related to design professional liens
Who Should Attend?
- You will be able to review California contractors' license laws.
- You will be able to recognize tenant improvement contracts.
- You will be able to discuss the Federal Miller Act.
- You will be able to identify other statutory remedies.
This seminar is designed for attorneys, presidents, vice presidents, owners, accountants, credit managers, lenders, controllers, construction managers, project managers, office managers, engineers, architects, contractors and subcontractors. Continuing Education Units
- AIA HSW 6.5
- CC 1.0
- CPE 8.0 including Management Advisory Services 8
- CA CLE 6.5
- Detailed Credit InformationFrequently Asked Questions