Services & Amenities
Our beautifully appointed hotel offers all the comforts you would expect from a Joie de Vivre hotel.
Our spectacular 500 acres include:
- Nine tennis courts, a sport court and two bocce courts
- State-of-the-art, 5,200-square-foot fitness center
- Miles of hiking trails and a hilltop yoga platform
- Four acres of vineyards, two acres of lavender and two acres of organic garden
- A classic 18-hole Pete Dye golf course
- Two beautiful pools and two large hot tubs, including one with an infinity edge overlooking Carmel Valley and the vineyard
- Seven fire pits, perfect for brainstorming, relaxing or simply enjoying a few s'mores
- Adventure Kitchen, perfect for demonstrations, team-building or friendly competitions
- 10,000-square-foot Spa Aiyana at Carmel Valley Ranch, featuring 11 treatment rooms, including suites with fireplaces and views of the valley, men's and women's steam rooms, and a fitness center lodged in the treetops
- 6 miles from Carmel-by-the-Sea, 17-Mile Drive, and the Pacific Ocean, as well as the world-renowned Carmel Valley wineries
- Nearby airports: 20 minutes from MRY - Monterey Peninsula Airport ; 90 minutes from SJC - San Jose Mineta International Airport ; 120 minutes from SFO - San Francisco International Airport
- 300 days of sunshine, annually
- Environmental commitments include in-room energy management systems and an environmentally sensitive renovation
- Complimentary wireless Internet
- Private deck
- Travertine fireplace
- 42" flat screen TV with Blu-ray player
- iPod docking station with alarm clock
- Separate shower and soaking tub
- Keurig single-cup coffee makers
- Plush robes
- Laptop-size safe
- Iron/Ironing board
- Body Bliss aromatherapy bath amenities
- Complimentary newspaper delivery
Not surprisingly, this gorgeous region of the Central Coast also plays host to some of the most distinguished wine, food, art and music events in California. So whether you're looking to plan a local event, your dream wedding, reunion, milestone celebration or business meetings Carmel is the ideal location that will leave you with memories of a lifetime.
Eat and Drink
Executive Chef Tim Wood’s culinary exploits—many involving fruits and vegetables from The Ranch’s Organic Garden—are on full display for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Lodge Restaurant. Indoor, outdoor and lounge seating are all available. Learn More.
River Ranch Cafe
The relaxed casual place to enjoy the garden to table fare is in The Ranch’s most historic building (132 years old). Join us poolside at the high-energy, family-oriented River Ranch for a mix of your favorite grill items, sandwiches, salads, sweets, coffee, smoothies, beer and wine. Order at the counter or browse our bountiful Grab ‘n Go selection; indoor and outdoor seating are both available. View menu.
Hours: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm, varies with the season.
Conveniently located near the 9th and 18th holes, our Golf Clubhouse offers light sandwiches, salads and beer on tap. Ideal for a quick bite before or after your round.
Hours: Lunch Service 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Wednesday through Sunday.