Hey everyone, Jennie from Garlic, My Soul here! This recipe is all about the kiddos. When coming up with a concept for the Hotel Del Sol, I was drawn to the vibrant colors and playful nature of this hotel. The 1950s style architecture has a level of nostalgia for simpler times with more fun and leisure, and that’s exactly what I thought of as a created these French Toast Sticks. This breakfast is just plain fun to eat – plus, you get to use your hands, and I can’t think of something more amusing than that. Served with colorful fruit kebabs (for nutritional balance, of course), this colorful breakfast is exactly the kind of meal you want on a vacation at a fun-filled retro hotel.
French Toast Sticks (Serves 2-3)
- 3-4 slices thick cut bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter
- maple syrup for dipping
- Cut bread into one-inch strips.
- Mix together heavy cream, eggs, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in frying pan.
- One piece at a time, dip your strips into the egg mixture, drenching completely. Allow liquid to drip back into the bowl, then place each piece into the butter. Do about 4-5 pieces at a time, but do not overcrowd the pan. Cook until brown on each side, then repeat with remaining sticks. Serve hot with maple syrup for dipping.